Wednesday 13 November 2013

A chance to talk about touring

I was very pleased a couple of weeks ago to receive notification of the 2013 Victorian Touring Workshop, being organised by Regional Arts Victoria, Theatre Network Victoria and the Victorian Association of Performing Arts Centres. As the topics of programming, marketing and touring are three of my key interests, I couldn’t resist the opportunity to talk about all these things with other people in the industry.

I have just sent off my registration, and have arranged with the organisers to blog on the day, exploring some of the key issues arising from the discussions. I'm sure there will be some animated conversations during the day which I will do my best to capture. You can also follow us via twitter #victourshop.

The workshop is aimed at anyone involved in performing arts who has an interest in touring, and will be looking at pathways and opportunities for touring in Victoria. The workshop aims to demystify the touring landscape, and there will be sessions covering programming, planning, marketing and the mechanics of touring.

If you’re in Melbourne and interested in learning more about touring, or you want to contribute to the conversation, I encourage you to register now, as applications close 22 November. The workshop is being held on Tuesday 3rd December at Darebin Arts and Entertainment Centre.

I look forward to seeing you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment